Sunday, February 10, 2013

Challenges (pt 1)

So.......there are a LOT of crops and challenges going on this month! Saturday morning I literally went to all the sites and copied over their challenges so I could start scrapping. these layouts/cards meet at least 2 challenges for various sites! I'll list them as I go........and as is becoming the custom, the cards from the leftovers are headed to Operation Write Home. you have until March 31st to get in those Mother's Day cards!


At the sneak preview for the movie Flipped we got to meet Madeline Carroll and Rob Reiner. Needless to say, it was quite memorable! This layout meets the Pink Challenge for Gimmie All Your Lovin Crop at Let's Capture Our Memories as well as a sketch challenge over at My Sketch World and the challenge to scrap how you met someone over at ScrapVillage. (and see, Arlyn......I used that bird QK die!)

Products used:
SEI Papers (you will see......apparently I am on a SEI kick!)
American Craft Thickers
QK die

This card took me twice as long as the layout I used the scraps from though I am not sure why! This card was very loosely based on a sketch from My Sketch World.

Products used:
SEI (Hippy Chick.....in case you were wondering)
Making Memories button
various punches

Hubby and I enjoying a nice dinner ALONE for our 15th anniversary. There is a bit of orange in the paper, but I love how it goes with my husband's polo shirt! This meets the Love layout challenge for the Gimmie All Your Lovin' crop as well as a foreign word challenge at ScrapVillage and a sketch challenge at My Sketch World.

again.....less than stellar photo courtesy of my cell phone.

Products used:
SEI paper
Prima flowers
American Craft brads and photo corner
unknown rhinestone brads
Making Memories ribbon
QK fonts (including Finale.......one I had really been wanting and finally got!)

I used leftovers from my 15 Years layout to make this card. I was inspired by Allison's sketch at the Gimmie All Your Lovin crop and her use of eyelet loops around a square. I incorporated that into the edging on the card as well as the edge of my sentiment.

Products used:
SEI (Dilly Weed)
Prima
unknown rhinestone brad
punches

LAYOUTS: 2
CARDS:
OWH: 2

PURCHASING:
4 QK alpha
10 QK dies
1 "other" die
2 stamp sets
1 set rub-ons
(I have a few more dies enroute that I'll add when I get them)

USAGE:
cardstock: 1
patterned paper: 6
3D alphas: 7
buttons: 1
brads: 14
flowers: 8
ribbon: 1
die cut alphas: 3
die cut shapes: 2
punches: 6
misc embellishments: 1
ink: 2
pens: 4

No comments: