Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three for the weekend!

I went to a crop last night with some girlfriends. Oh my how nice that was! I think I could have accomplished nothing and still have felt the night was a success just because I got some girl time! Bonus was that I completed this first layout.

Corn Maze
These photos have been driving me crazy for a couple years now. They were taken (obviously) at a corn maze in the middle of Halloween/pumpkin season. I struggled so hard with finding papers to go with the photos. Fall colors didn't work because of all the greens and yellows. Halloween papers didn't work. etc. Last night at Green Tangerines I started walking around with a couple pictures and came across this line by We R Memory Keepers. It is a summer line but the colors work so nicely with the photos! Thank goodness I am done with October.......2006! lol!

Products used:
We R Memory Keepers papers (that flower in the corner is a die cut paper)
We R Memory Keepers tag (I cut off the cute summer saying from the bottom of the tag)
American Craft brad
Sassafras Lass alphabet stickers
Brown ink pad


Season's Trimmings
This layout was based on a sketch by Allison Davis. Once again, these were photos I have struggled with. Looking back, I shouldn't have just taken verticals of D and horizontals of J & R. Too late now! Anyway, her sketch saved the day! Course, I moved the journaling which through off the balance of the layout but added the date to regain in....or not. Either way, I like how this turned out and had fun mixing the different companies!

Products used:
October Afternoon paper
Love Elsie soft charms
Doodlebug alphabet stickers (they went better with the paper than the OA ones!)
Lasting Impressions brads in celery (I am starting to hyperventilate watching my stash slowly disappear!)



Rex Moore Santa
I am still not sure I like that bold striped paper through the center of the layout. But on the other hand, I can't imagine having something busier behind those chipboard alphabets. Otherwise, I like the layout. It is fun and playful like our morning was.

Products used:
Cosmo Cricket papers and chipboard shapes & alphas
American Craft ribbon

I have a 4th layout that I almost completed last night. It needs a few more touches, and an enlargement I ordered today. Hopefully I will have that to post in the next couple days!

No comments: